Metallic Product Release Notes
The latest and greatest of Metallic’s product releases by month.
- NEW Active Directory Backup: We are excited to announce the release of Commvault Cloud for Active Directory. With the launch of this new paid offering, Commvault drastically enhances the protection of your critical identity and access management infrastructure. Key features include:
- Single-solution protection for both Active Directory and Azure AD (now Microsoft Entra ID)
- Accelerated recovery of deleted and changed objects by comparing all objects and attributes between backups
- Recovery of Group Policy Objects, including their security, links, and settings
- Recovery of Azure AD conditional access policies and roles
- Rollback of overwritten or corrupted attributes across many objects at once
- More frequent backups of AD, ensuring it is always possible to restore a recent copy
- Layered security with air-gapped data copies
All clients who have previously enabled Active Directory in the Service Catalog and configured a backup will be automatically transitioned to this new release at no cost for 6 months.
- Amazon EC2 Backups without Gateways: Protect Amazon EC2 instances without deploying a backup gateway in your AWS account seamlessly with the new simplified guided configuration experience & lower your cloud storage costs by using the combined storage tiers.
- User Interface Branding Updates: As announced earlier this month, Metallic is now part of Commvault Cloud. While there is no impact on existing end user features, functionality, or usability – a new logo, font, and color treatment is now present within our UI. For more information on Commvault Cloud, powered by Metallic AI, check out our on-demand launch event here.
- Threatwise Advisor: Powered by Metallic AI, Threatwise Advisor intelligently leverages backup environment telemetry to determine the location and type of critical assets within an environment. By assessing data actively being protected within Commvault Cloud, Threatwise™ Advisor recommends decoy types and density to further safeguard critical workloads.
- Export-Based Backup for Amazon RDS :Protect your Amazon RDS instances using export-based backup for long term retention and cross-cloud mobility & lower your cloud storage costs by using the combined storage tiers. Supported Amazon RDS Databases include AuroraDB MySQL, AuroraDB Postgres, MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQL Server.
- Teams Compliance Search: Expanded compliance search capabilities for Teams, including support for channel posts, files, user chats, and more. To leverage these enhanced capabilities, user chats must be backed up via Microsoft’s paid Export API.
- Support for Azure Data Lake (ADLS) with Multi-Node: Onboard ADLS as the supported workload, in addition to the currently supported object storage for Azure Blob and Azure File.
- Rule-based Discovery and Backup for Azure Blob: Leverage rule-based backup for Azure Blob, including: Tag name, Tag value, Resource Group name, Azure Blob, or pattern.
- Enhanced Overview Page: A new, simplified overview page provides users with critical information on backup health and status for VMs, Files, and SaaS apps. Access this view under the ‘Protect’ section in the left-hand navigation.
- Service Account Removal for Teams: Commvault Cloud’s Teams configuration no longer requires a delegate token during the admin consent process to restore posts to an HTML file. To restore Teams posts to the Posts tab, admins must still authorize the App with delegate tokens during configuration.
- Office 365 Email ID Restore: For disaster recovery scenarios, this additional recovery option enables users to restore mailbox and OneDrive data to the original location by matching the user’s email address rather than the user’s GUID.
- Metallic Recovery Reserve Navigation: All Metallic Recovery Reserve storages (MRR Azure & MRR OCI) are now listed under the “Metallic Recovery Reserve” navigation.
- Azure PaaS Databases – Direct to Cloud (Metallic Hosted Infrastructure): Backup all Azure PaaS Databases to MRR (hot) or Azure BYOS, using Metallic infrastructure without the need for the customers to setup their gateway.
- Metallic Hub Enhancements: Improved user experience and design enhancements across the Metallic Hub to optimize performance, reduce clutter, and promote consistency for users. For more information, please see the following blog.
- OCI Combined Storage Support: Allows users to leverage the cost benefits of OCI Archive tier without the manual two-step restore process associated with restoring data from archive tier.
- Metallic API Credential Self-Service: New self-service feature enables you to create your API Service Account from the Metallic Command Center.
- IRAP Certification: Metallic is now Infosec Registered Assessor Program (IRAP) certified, meeting stringent architecture, design, and security protocols for Australian government agencies and contractors.
- Threatwise Updated Operating System to 22.04: Newly available TSOC (management console) upgrade for improved performance and administration that optimizes identity, access, and management for users.
- OCI Marketplace Private Offers: OCI customers can now use their OCI universal credits to purchase Metallic offerings via OCI private offers.
- New Backup Copy Health Report: Users and admins can now monitor and remediate issues using the new “IntelliSnap Backup Copy Health” Report.
- Nutanix AHV Support: Introduces new Metallic backup capabilities for Nutanix AHV with support for IntelliSnap.
- Teams 1:1 and Group Chat Support: Enables protecting Teams 1:1 and Group chats for users of your choice within Metallic. This new capability is built on the Microsoft Teams Export API.
- Support for Azure SQL: Improved backup performance for Azure SQL (PaaS) Databases by eliminating staging storage account requirements.
- Azure VM API Enhancements: Extended API Support for restoring Azure VMs in- or out –of-place to other Azure regions.
- Windows Backup Gateway Installer Enhancements: Enables configuration of a dedicated data drive for I/O intensive operations to prevent performance impact to OS/System Drive.
- Intelligent Storage Plan Selecting: Simplified and optimized onboarding experience with pre-canned storage plan templates to ensure optimum storage.
- Smart Defaults for Hybrid Cloud Server Plan: Improved self-service experience and optimization using smart default to reduce storage costs.
- New and Improved Configuration Wizard: Streamlined onboarding experience for Metallic Microsoft 365 and Endpoint admins, ensuring that organizations can get backups up and running in less time with fewer errors.
- Restartability of Exchange Restore Jobs: Ensures maximum restore efficiency, restarting any paused Exchange Online restore jobs where they left off.
- OneDrive Restore Optimization: Enhances small scale restores by optimizing resource allocation (including testing for possible throttling) delivering high throughput for small and large restores alike.
- Inactive User Data: Enables admins to more easily pinpoint which users have a large percentage of inactive vs. active data for more effective cleanup.
- Mark SQL Database Backup unrestorable: Allows users to specify SQL Databases marked as unrestorable, enabling database backups to be deleted without impacting others.
- Sub-client Follow Mount: Expands the ‘Follow Mount Point’ option from the job-level to the sub-client level.
- Cluster and Namespace Support Enhancements: Protects all API resources visible to the Kube-API server with a single-click selection.
- Attach Disk Support: Allows users to perform Attach Disk restores from snapshots without the need for multiple file-level restores.
- Azure Key Vault Selection Support: Empowers users to select their own Azure Key Vault during VM restores.
- VSA VMWARE Indexing Enhancements: Adds support for configuring backup type and disk filters at the VM level for Indexing V2 VMs.
- One-time login code Enhancements: Provides alternate email codes for external provider authentication (SAML IDPs or Active Directories) in the event the primary authenticator is not reachable.
- Azure Flexible Database Backup Support: Enables backup/restore support of Azure flexible servers for PostgreSQL and MySQL databases.
- Azure VM Intellisnap Improvements: Provides new enhancements to support application consistent Intellisnap backups for Azure VMs.
- Azure VM Security Enhancements: Enables support for retaining the Application Security Group (ASG) associations for Azure VMs during restores for improved security.
- Database Protection Enhancements: Various configuration and support enhancements that simplify and enrich backup and restore operations across Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and other databases.
- Job View Enhancements: Delivers an easy to use view for admins to see associated jobs and their statuses.
- OCI: Multi-Availability Domain Support for VMs: Allows users to protect VMs residing in multiple availability domains via a single backup gateway using VCM with regional connectivity.
- SFDC AppExchange Listing: Metallic Salesforce Backup is now available on AppExchange, bringing our award-winning, SaaS-delivered data protection to the leading Salesforce digital marketplace.
- Identify Tables Without “Change Tracking” Enabled: Provides admins with a simple mechanism to identify Dynamics 365 tables currently being backed up, to ensure critical data never goes unprotected.
- Office 365 Configurable Error Reporting: Allows advanced users to control conditions and job statuses, reducing incidents of false positives that reduce operational efficiency.
- M365 Support for Adding Content Via Regular Expressions, OneDrive, SPO, Exchange, Teams: Allows admins to create logical groups of mailboxes, users, and sites to facilitate prioritization of backup and restore as well as appropriate retention policies.
- Office 365 Repackaging for MSP Portal Cost/Usage Reports: New and improved Microsoft 365 Cost and Usage Reports, providing greater transparency into Microsoft 365 usage to facilitate better tenant management.
- Configurable Timeout Parameters: Enables organizations to enforce custom timeout parameters for enhanced security across user accounts.
- Microsoft 365 Standard Offering: Introduced new Metallic® Backup for Microsoft 365 packaging option for organizations whose population, or a subset of their population, have light Microsoft 365 usage.
- Deduplication Options for Teams and SharePoint Backups: Enables administrators to exclude backing up Teams Document libraries within the SharePoint agent to reduce document library duplication and reduce backup data footprint.
- On-Demand Data Deletion for OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams: Allows Metallic Backup for Microsoft 365 administrators to selectively right-size backup content to ensure that critical data is retained while unnecessary data is not.
- Database Configuration Enhancements (available May 15, 2023): Enhanced guided configuration wizard to simply backup for SQL and SAP HANA databases.
- Azure Blob & Azure File API Availability (available May 15, 2023): Extends API support for backup of Azure Blob and Files, enabling retrieval of backup and health status of object storage clients.
- Backup Snapshot Optimization: This feature optimizes backup copies to reduce the possibility of piled up snapshots.
- Oracle Encrypted Database Support: Enable customers to easily perform out-of-place restores for encrypted OCI PaaS Databases by ensuring always-on availability of the Oracle wallet at any destination.
- New Self-Service Report Option: Provides simple report selection options that allow admins to subscribe to reports of interest.
- WORM Support for BYOS: Organizations can now enable WORM storage controls for Azure and AWS BYOS to keep backups immutable and adhere to regulatory compliance requirements.
- Azure VM API Support: New Azure VM API support for backup configuration and administration.
- AWS Database Enhanced Configuration Wizard: New and improved guided configuration wizard simplifying backup for AWS databases.
- Linux Backup Gateway Appliance – On-Prem Deployment: Introduces a simple to deploy Linux backup gateway virtual appliance for on-prem hypervisors, databases and file systems. (Available March 10, 2023)
- Metallic® File & Object Archive: Metallic® File & Object Archive in now generally available, delivering informed data placement to manage costs, while meeting performance SLAs and reducing compliance risk – all with simple SaaS delivery. By helping customers analyze NAS data, run what-if scenarios, then archive stale data to cloud storage, Metallic reduces front end storage usage with trusted data archive to meet cost and compliance objectives. For more information please visit the following page.
- SIEM Connector for expanded Webhook and Syslog Support: Allows for the streaming of audit logs, alerts, and events from the backup environment to a webhook or SYSLOG endpoint for event monitoring in a third party SIEM/Event Management platform.
- Self-Service Restore for Exchange Online and OneDrive: Enables end users restores of Exhange and OneDrive to directly recover deleted or damaged emails and files without IT or admin intervention. For more info on configuring user self-service restores for Exchange, please visit the following page. For more info on configuring user self-service restores for Exchange OneDrive, please visit the following page.
- Simplified Configuration for File & Object Storage: Introduces new & improved guided configuration to streamline backup for Azure Blob, Azure Files, Amazon S3 and File Server.
- API Support for Azure DB: Introduces API support to configure backup for Azure Databases with built-in intelligence to remove performance impact due to inter-region latency and prevent unwanted data transfer charges. Enables onboarding of numerous Azure databases into Metallic quickly as well as integration with configuration management databases or ServiceNow-like workflow services.
- Enable VNET Whitelisting for Azure Customers via Support and SRE process: Configures the firewall of the Azure storage account with a network rule to allow Metallic networks to read/write to the secure storage account. Not applicable to storage accounts with a private endpoint.
- VM & Kubernetes – New Configuration Wizard: Introduces a new and improved guided configuration wizard that simplifies backup for Azure VM, Amazon EC2, VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Akamai CDN for Remote Cache & Agent Updates R2: Improves software update download speeds globally for Metallic packages and the backup gateway by moving downloads closer to the customer location via the Akamai content distribution network.
- Salesforce Bulk Query Improvements: Provides customers with a simple experience to load large amounts of data into Salesforce orgs and perform bulk queries with greater performance.
- Dynamics 365 Restore Enhancements: Now enables users to initiate relationship restores at the child-record level (in addition to parent-record level).
- Expanded Support for Project Online: Extends support for backing up Projects, Time Sheets, Issues and Risk, and other Project Online data from within the Metallic SharePoint agent.
- MacOS Silicon Support: Provides support for ARM-based Mac endpoints to download packages.
- Threatwise CIS 1 Validation: Validated Threatwise infrastructure to meet or exceed CIS Level 1 security requirements, adhering to industry best practices for cybersecurity defense.
- Expanded OCI Support: Metallic now protects Oracle Cloud Database Service (DBCS) and Oracle Exadata Database Service on OCI, as well as OCI Object Storage. Metallic provides support for both Metallic Recovery ReserveTM for OCI storage and BYO OCI Storage for air-gapped protection.
- Plan Deletion Authorization: Enables customers to add multi-person authorization for deleting plans within Security IQ, protecting users from configuration changes that may be impactful to RPO and retention requirements.
- Consistent Backups for Azure VM: Introduces Application and File consistent backup for Azure VMs using the newly launched Microsoft Restore point API, without requiring agent installation.
- Server Plan Simplification: Simplifies the user experience for managing server plan attributes including RPO, Retention and Secondary Copy using Metallic Recovery Reserve™. Additional improvements include the ability to edit backup window and log backup RPO via the Advanced View.
- Metallic Enhancements for Azure VMs: Improves the performance of Azure VM backups using ReadAheadCache within Metallic to better meet customer SLAs.
- Metallic Backup for Azure Databases: Introduces coverage for critical Azure databases, making Metallic® the only vendor to support the full breadth of managed databases offered by Azure, including:
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure Database for MariaDB
- Azure Database for MySQL
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL
- Security IQ Compliance Lock: Protects backup data from accidental deletion and insider threats by enabling users to lock retention plans, preventing the deletion of services, apps, storage, and backup destinations.
- Salesforce Anomalous Activity Alerts: Immediately alerts Salesforce admins (via text, email, or inside Metallic) when the deletion or creation of objects or records exceeds normal activity, providing better insight into suspicious activity.
- Salesforce Restore Previews: Enables users to compare content across jobs to locate desired datasets for recovery. Users can also directly initiate restores from this workflow, accelerating the recovery function.
- Webhooks for Alert Notifications: Enables users to push operational Alert notifications into leading security and event management platforms via webhook API.
- eDiscovery Search for OneDrive and SharePoint: Enables Metallic eDiscovery users to granularly search and export datasets for regulatory compliance across OneDrive and SharePoint environments.
- Salesforce Full Object Downloads: Accelerates the download process for Salesforce admins, enabling users to download full objects into a single CSV file (granular or bulk) versus selecting individual records.
- Salesforce Metadata Enhancements: Provides users with more transparent and frictionless experience when backing up and restoring Salesforce metadata.
- Metallic Support for “Bring Your Own” Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage: Metallic now allows customers to use their own OCI Object Storage to store backups for supported Oracle workloads. Supported workloads include OCI VM and Oracle Container Engine for Kubernetes (OKE) running in the Oracle Cloud, as well as Oracle databases and file servers running in OCI and on-premises environments. The BYOS storage option complements Metallic Recovery Reserve for OCI storage, announced at the end of June 2022.
- Kubernetes Backup Enhancements: Enhancements allow users to backup and recover entire Kubernetes clusters and namespaces, including ETCD key value store and associated control plane SSL certificates, for complete protection of applications, API resources, and cluster configurations.
- IntelliSnap for Azure: Users can now enable Commvault IntelliSnap during VM backup configuration. IntelliSnap technology fully automates and orchestrates Azure VM snapshot-based data protection and provides faster recovery, faster capture of data, less disruption to applications and reduced costs for non-production copies.
- Metallic Support for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI): Metallic now protects OCI VM and Oracle Container Engine for Kubernetes (OKE) running in the Oracle Cloud, as well as Oracle databases and file servers running in OCI and on premises environments. Metallic also introduces Metallic Recovery Reserve for OCI storage, extending simple, air-gapped object storage. To learn more, visit our cloud storage web page.
- Early Access: Metallic® Threatwise™: Metallic introduces Early Access for new security service, Threatwise™, delivering fully-integrated cyber deception technology to spot and contain ransomware threats before data is compromised. For more information on Threatwise™, or to learn how your customers can become early adopters, please see the following page.
- Offline Gateway Alerts: Immediately notifies customer if backup gateways are offline to prevent backup jobs from failing.
- New Microsoft 365 Monitoring and Reporting Tabs: Provides users with a graphical summary of Microsoft 365 backup health, size and number of items backed up, and contextual access to backup applications.
- eDiscovery Usability Enhancements: Enhances Metallic eDiscovery compliance search for a more integrated and streamlined user experience.
- Exchange Online Service Account Removal: Allows users to discover Exchange mailboxes without using service accounts and eliminates the need to manually exclude service accounts from MFA security policies.
- Salesforce Job Report Improvements: Provides Salesforce admins with more insights into jobs, object/record failures, and changes needed within Salesforce environments.
- Sandbox Seeding Enhancements: Streamlines and templatizes the sandbox seeding process, simplifying the user experience for populating Salesforce sandbox environments and applying policies for data masking.
- Self-Service Enhancements for Azure VM Backup: Simplifies the backup configuration of additional VM groups in the same Azure Cloud Hypervisor to prevent hypervisor sprawl.
- Security IQ Alert Enhancements: Enables admins to also access Security IQ events from within the ‘Alerts’ section of the Metallic navigation for quicker awareness into security controls and event response.
- Oracle PDB Clone Support: Enables users to quickly clone data in Oracle or Oracle RAC pluggable database (PDB), without a production database interruption.
- Azure Snapshot Locks: Enables users to lock Azure resource groups to prevent the creation and deletion of snapshots during backups.
- Dynamics365 Restore Compare: Provides Dynamics 365 users with the ability to compare records and pinpoint changed items for targeted point-in-time restores.
- Teams HTML Restore Option: Enables customers to restore Teams chats out-of-place to HTML file.
- Salesforce Backup Health Report: Allows customers to easily assess backup operations to ensure critical Cloud data is continuously protected.
- VM to Azure Conversion Improvements: Provides users with the ability to restore existing Azure VMs or convert other hypervisor VMs to Azure using a different disk encryption set (DES) than their source.
- Periodic Azure App Validation: Silently validates Azure Apps credentials in the background, to ensure there are no changes or impact backup/restore operations.
- Regional Status View: Enables customers to access the Health of their Metallic services by Region from within the Hub.
- Salesforce API updates: Updated Metallic support for latest Salesforce API (Winter’22 v 543).
- Security IQ Anomaly Enhancements: Provides users with new insights into anomaly characteristics, indicating if protected files are potentially encrypted or corrupted.
- Metallic Community: Provides Metallic customers with a one-stop location to access product resources, network with peers, interact with industry experts, learn best practices, and maximize your Metallic investment. Access the Community today directly from within the Metallic Hub.
- OneDrive Error Reports: Users can now quickly review failed backup and restore items associated with OneDrive shares. This complements our existing SharePoint, Teams, and Dynamics error reporting functionality.
- Dynamics 365 Setup Enhancements: Simplifies the setup process, automating the creation of background users for backup and restore operations.
- Server Plan Improvements: Enables users to edit the retention periods of existing Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ cloud storage plans created before Dec 31, 2021.
- API Support for Managed Service Providers: Allows MSPs to integrate Portal operations into scripts and workflows through exposure of new Metallic APIs.
- User Deletion for Managed Service Providers: Provides MSP Portal Admins with the ability delete users within Metallic.
- Edit Users for Managed Service Providers: Provides MSP Portal Admins with the ability to edit user First and Last names within Metallic.
- Customizable retention plans for Metallic® Recovery Reserve™: Provides customers with greater flexibility by allowing retention periods to be customized in hybrid cloud backup plans using Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ cloud storage.
- Metallic Support Portal: Users can now access our Support portal right from within the Metallic Hub, providing new self-service options including access to our growing knowledge base, documentation and full case management capabilities such as creating cases, updating existing cases, resolving cases and reviewing case history with ease.
- Metallic PCI Certification: Metallic is now PCI DSS certified, meeting rigorous standards on how payment card data is stored, processed, secured, and maintained across our entire platform.
- Salesforce Comparison Report: Enables customers to create comparison reports across all backup data types, now including metadata.
- Enhanced Salesforce Restore Operations: Simplifies the process of searching and selecting data for record-level restore and Sandbox seeding tasks.
- New Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ regional availability: Expands Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ cloud storage availability into United Arab Emirates and Singapore enabling Commvault Complete customers to support data residency requirements and deliver better local performance.
New AWS Capabilities
- Amazon EC2 Support: Metallic now protects Amazon EC2 instances through Metallic VM & Kubernetes Backup.
- Amazon S3 Support: Metallic now protects Amazon S3 through Metallic File & Object Backup.
- AWS Database Support: Metallic now protects AWS databases including RDS (including AuroraDB), DocumentDB, DynamoDB, and Redshift through Metallic Database Backup.
- AWS Storage Class: Users can reduce storage costs by leveraging lower-cost Amazon S3 Storage tiers in Metallic.
- Secondary Storage: Users can bring their own Amazon S3 storage or (optionally) select MCSS as their secondary storage.
- Automated Configuration of AWS IAM Policies and Roles: simplifies and accelerates day one setup.
- Deduplication and Compression: Reduces storage costs, as well as cost of multi-region copies.
- Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365 Configuration: Users can now use Multi-Factor Authentication throughout the Metallic express configuration process and without needing to provide Global Administrator credentials.
- Microsoft 365 Performance: Improved performance for SharePoint and OneDrive backups
- New Metallic Usage Reports: Enables users to view monthly, and overall peak usage trends across all purchased Metallic services.
- Simplified Backup of Microsoft Teams: This enhancement removes the need for a service account to perform Teams backup and recovery operations and ensures that these service accounts do not appear within the Teams interface.
- Salesforce Backup Improvements: Improved error handling alerts, job pending reports, language updates, and tool tips to better assist users and administrator
- VM Custom Attributes Support: New support for VM Custom Attributes and VM vApp Options, enabling users to backup and restore custom attributes.
- Metallic Government Cloud Expansion: Expanded coverage of Metallic Government Cloud, introducing new support for the following workloads:
- Dynamics 365: For Dynamics 365 and GCC High environments
- Salesforce: Complete protection for content, objects, custom objects, and files in production or sandbox environments on Salesforce’s Government Clouds.
- Security IQ Dashboard: Provides users with advanced tools and insights to assist customers with bolstering their backup security stature broadly across protected workloads. Apply multi authorization controls, validate encryption status, and investigate audit trail information to affirm data is secured and protected from changes. Monitor for anomalous activity caused by ransomware or other unauthorized changes and quickly recover data in a pre-anomalous state to ensure recovery objectives.
- Migration Assist App: Performance efficiencies for faster restores and enhanced error reporting for easy troubleshooting within Endpoints.
- Microsoft 365 MSP Report: Provides MSPs with new backup and indexing reports for customer tenant environments.
- SAML Identify Provider Enhancements: Enhanced SAML user authentication for Microsoft 365 and Endpoints for easier integration with identify providers (such as Okta and Azure AD) and use of custom attributes (such as user name or full name).
- Advanced View Navigation Menu: In the “Advanced view” users can expand and hide the left-hand navigation menu by clicking the hamburger icon
- Salesforce User Permissions Report: Identifies any missing Salesforce permissions that may impact the administrator’s ability to correctly perform backup or restore operations in Metallic.
- View SharePoint, Teams, Dynamics Failed Items Report: Exposes task failures to provide users with better clarity on reasons behind backup and restore failures.
Metallic Government Cloud workload expansion
Expanded coverage of Metallic™ Government Cloud offering, introducing new support for the following workloads:
- Endpoint Backup: for laptop and desktop data
- VM & Kubernetes Backup: for cloud-native and on-prem data
- Database Backup: for essential databases
- File & Object Backup: for unstructured data types
- Metallic® Recovery Reserve™: flexible cloud storage target for short and long-term retention
Storage application report
New storage report for a single view into Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ cloud storage utilization.
- Microsoft 365 Backup Health Report: View key insights into backup health and statuses across all protected Microsoft 365 applications.
- Assign Endpoint backups by group associations: Configure multi-plan backup content per AD or associated user groups.
- Metering enhancements for Virtual Machines: Metering enhancements for hybrid workloads in virtualized environments will reflect all protected virtual machines, including VMs that are hosting databases, files or objects. Capacity reported in the Database Backup or File & Object Backup will only reflect the capacity for databases, files and objects protected in physical environments.
- Enhanced Job Item Notices: Improved item-level failure notices within Microsoft 365 and Salesforce.
- Simplified multi-geo configuration: Simplified configuration for multi-geo support for OneDrive and SharePoint via Dynamic AD group.
- Optimization changes to metering and billing for customers. Ensures workloads running in virtualized and physical environments are appropriately metered. Providing clear visibility into current usage.
Metallic Hybrid BaaS Cloud – Hot and Cool Tier Storage
Cool storage is now available for Metallic BaaS hybrid cloud offerings for long-term retention use cases. With this latest addition, both hot and cool storage tiers are now available to support short- and long-term retention use cases as a backup target for both Commvault software and Metallic BaaS – giving our customers even more options for easy cloud storage to save costs and strengthen their ransomware protection.
- Azure Active Directory: This is a key part of our customers’ security strategy, and we are now delivering this service free of charge with purchase of any Metallic subscription. Metallic now covers both Microsoft Active Directory as well as Azure Active Directory, adding to the rich set of workloads already protected by Metallic. Customers will see Active Directory as a separate tile in the Metallic Hub.
Delivering Enterprise-grade data protection for Microsoft Dynamics 365
Introducing Metallic Backup for Microsoft Dynamics 365, which provides enterprise-proven, comprehensive data backup and recovery for both production and sandbox environments. It also provides safeguards against data loss threats such as deletion, corruption, and attacks by malicious insiders and ransomware. This is the first offering from Commvault that’s launching exclusively through Metallic BaaS and offers a comprehensive data protection experience across the business including Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, and Field Service applications. This new Metallic service is built on industry-leading Commvault technologies and powered by the durability, security and scalability of Azure to provide comprehensive protection for your valuable data—all with the simplicity of SaaS.
- Salesforce: If you use AWS as a cloud platform, you can Bring Your Own Storage (BYOS). With BYOS, you can manage your data portfolio within a single cloud provider.
- Active Directory: You can view restore points for Microsoft Active Directory backups.
- Azure VM: For restored virtual machines, you can specify the disk type and the availability zone.
- Microsoft 365: To mitigate the risk of throttling, Metallic will recommend when to add additional backup Apps for Microsoft 365 applications.
- Oracle: A backup preview is included in the readiness check to verify that all prerequisites are met prior to running the backup job.