Metallic MSP Partner Release Notes
The latest and greatest of Metallic’s MSP partner program releases by month.
- Oracle Encrypted Database Support: Enable customers to easily perform out-of-place restores for encrypted OCI PaaS Databases by ensuring always-on availability of the Oracle wallet at any destination.
- New Self-Service Report Option: Provides simple report selection options that allow admins to subscribe to reports of interest.
- Metallic MSP User Experience Enhancement: By leveraging the MSP Partner Lighthouse Portal and its automation process, MSPs can simplify onboarding, create companies with ease, and enjoy a more user-friendly experience – making it easier and faster for onboard and utilize the Metallic platform to support clients.
- Upfront Commitment Payment Options: Introduces a new program that offers pre-commit pricing for annual terms with Metallic, helping MSPs save money and provide greater value to customers.
- WORM Support for BYOS: Organizations can now enable WORM storage controls for Azure and AWS BYOS to keep backups immutable and adhere to regulatory compliance requirements.
- Azure VM API Support: New Azure VM API support for backup configuration and administration.
- AWS Database Enhanced Configuration Wizard: New and improved guided configuration wizard simplifying backup for AWS databases.
- Office 365 Restore Job Restart: Enables automatic restarts of OneDrive and Teams recovery jobs in instances where restore jobs have been stopped prior to completion – resuming the recovery process from the last file restored.
- Linux Backup Gateway Appliance – On-Prem Deployment: Introduces a simple to deploy Linux backup gateway virtual appliance for on-prem hypervisors, databases and file systems. (Available March 10, 2023)
- Metallic MSP Guide: The MSP guide provides a more detailed documentation (including installation procedures) than those available on https://docs.metallic.io. Over the next week, our customer success will reach out to provide you with access. The link to the MSP Guide will be available on the Metallic MSP Portal under “Support”.
- SIEM Connector for expanded Webhook and Syslog Support: Allows for the streaming of audit logs, alerts, and events from the backup environment to a webhook or SYSLOG endpoint for event monitoring in a third party SIEM/Event Management platform.
- Self-Service Restore for Exchange Online and OneDrive: Enables end users restores of Exhange and OneDrive to directly recover deleted or damaged emails and files without IT or admin intervention. For more info on configuring user self-service restores for Exchange, please visit the following page. For more info on configuring user self-service restores for Exchange OneDrive, please visit the following page.
- Simplified Configuration for File & Object Storage: Introduces new & improved guided configuration to streamline backup for Azure Blob, Azure Files, Amazon S3 and File Server.
- Metallic MSP Portal Enhancements: You now have the ability to add 12 month time frame to the usage report and to view up to 18 months of cost on the costs page.
- API Support for Azure Databases: Configure backup for Azure Databases with increased performance; fast onboarding of Azure databases.
- Enable VNET Whitelisting for Azure Customers via Support and SRE process: Configures the firewall of the Azure storage account with a network rule to allow Metallic networks to read/write to the secure storage account. Not applicable to storage accounts with a private endpoint.
- VM & Kubernetes – New Configuration Wizard: Introduces a new and improved guided configuration wizard that simplifies backup for Azure VM, Amazon EC2, VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Salesforce Bulk Query Improvements: Provides a simple experience to load large amounts of data into Salesforce orgs and perform bulk queries with greater performance.
- Dynamics 365 Restore Enhancements: Now enables users to initiate relationship restores at the child-record level (in addition to parent-record level).
- Expanded Support for Project Online: Extends support for backing up Projects, Time Sheets, Issues and Risk, and other Project Online data from within the Metallic SharePoint agent.
- MacOS Silicon Support: Provides support for ARM-based Mac endpoints to download packages.
- Expanded OCI Support: Metallic now protects Oracle Cloud Database Service (DBCS) and Oracle Exadata Database Service on OCI, as well as OCI Object Storage. Metallic provides support for both Metallic Recovery ReserveTM for OCI storage and BYO OCI Storage for air-gapped protection.
- Plan Deletion Authorization: Enables customers to add multi-person authorization for deleting plans within Security IQ, protecting users from configuration changes that may be impactful to RPO and retention requirements.
- Consistent Backups for Azure VM: Introduces Application and File consistent backup for Azure VMs using the newly launched Microsoft Restore point API, without requiring agent installation.
- Server Plan Simplification: Simplifies the user experience for managing server plan attributes including RPO, Retention and Secondary Copy using Metallic Recovery Reserve™. Additional improvements include the ability to edit backup window and log backup RPO via the Advanced View.
- Metallic Enhancements for Azure VMs: Improves the performance of Azure VM backups using ReadAheadCache within Metallic to better meet customer SLAs.
- Metallic Backup for Azure Databases: Introduces coverage for critical Azure databases, making Metallic® the only vendor to support the full breadth of managed databases offered by Azure, including:
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure Database for MariaDB
- Azure Database for MySQL
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL
- Security IQ Compliance Lock: Protects backup data from accidental deletion and insider threats by enabling users to lock retention plans, preventing the deletion of services, apps, storage, and backup destinations.
- OCI Storage Support for MSPs: Allow MSP Partners to provision newly released OCI storage for customers directly from within the MSP Portal.
- Salesforce Anomalous Activity Alerts: Immediately alerts Salesforce admins (via text, email, or inside Metallic) when the deletion or creation of objects or records exceeds normal activity, providing better insight into suspicious activity.
- Salesforce Restore Previews: Enables users to compare content across jobs to locate desired datasets for recovery. Users can also directly initiate restores from this workflow, accelerating the recovery function.
- Webhooks for Alert Notifications: Enables users to push operational Alert notifications into leading security and event management platforms via webhook API.
- eDiscovery Search for OneDrive and SharePoint: Enables Metallic eDiscovery users to granularly search and export datasets for regulatory compliance across OneDrive and SharePoint environments.
- Salesforce Full Object Downloads: Accelerates the download process for Salesforce admins, enabling users to download full objects into a single CSV file (granular or bulk) versus selecting individual records.
- Salesforce Metadata Enhancements: Provides users with more transparent and frictionless experience when backing up and restoring Salesforce metadata.
- Metallic Customer Support Portal for MSP Partners: Metallic MSP Partners can now create, manage and interact with Metallic Support through Metallic Customer Support Portal.
- Kubernetes Backup Enhancements: Enhancements allow users to backup and recover entire Kubernetes clusters and namespaces, including ETCD key value store and associated control plane SSL certificates, for complete protection of applications, API resources, and cluster configurations.
- IntelliSnap for Azure: Users can now enable Commvault IntelliSnap during VM backup configuration. IntelliSnap technology fully automates and orchestrates Azure VM snapshot-based data protection and provides faster recovery, faster capture of data, less disruption to applications and reduced costs for non-production copies.
- MSP Quota Notifications: Admins can now set usage quota alerts for Service Offerings on Managed Accounts from within the MSP Portal.
- Offline Gateway Alerts: Immediately notifies Tenant Admins if backup gateways are offline to prevent backup jobs from failing.
- New Office 365 Monitoring and Reporting Tabs: Provides users with a graphical summary of Office 365 backup health and contextual access to backup applications.
- eDiscovery Usability Enhancements: Enhances Metallic eDiscovery compliance search for a more integrated and streamlined user experience.
- Exchange Online Service Account Removal: Allows users to discover Exchange mailboxes without using service accounts and eliminates the need to manually exclude service accounts from MFA security policies.
- Salesforce Job Report Improvements: Provides Salesforce admins with more insights into jobs, object/record failures, and changes needed within Salesforce environments.
- Salesforce Sandbox Seeding Enhancements: Streamlines and templatizes the sandbox seeding process, simplifying the user experience for populating Salesforce sandbox environments, and applying policies for data masking.
- VM Return User Enhancements: Simplifies the backup configuration of additional VM groups in the same Azure Cloud Hypervisor to prevent hypervisor sprawl.
- MSP Portal Enhancement: MSP Portal Admin can now edit the Managed Account Primary Contact from the MSP Portal.
- Metallic Update: Metallic Cloud Storage Service (MCSS) is now Metallic Recovery Reserve (Learn more here). This name change has been updated on the Metallic MSP Portal as well.
- Metallic Service Status Page: You will now have a one stop page with links to all Metallic Service Status.
- Maintenance Schedule: Now you can retrieve current Metallic Maintenance Schedule directly from the MSP Portal.
- New Cost and Usage Section: You will now have access to cost, usage, and rate card information all from one single location, allowing you to retrieve up to date Managed Account details more effectively.
- New Tenant Navigation Functionality: Easily access and switch between tenants using single MSP User Account.
- Dynamics365 Restore Compare: Provides Dynamics 365 users with the ability to compare records and pinpoint changed items for targeted point-in-time restores.
- Teams HTML Restore Option: Enables customers to restore Teams chats out-of-place to HTML file.
- Salesforce Backup Health Report: Allows customers to easily assess backup operations to ensure critical Cloud data is continuously protected.
- Oracle PDB Clone Support: Enables users to quickly clone data in Oracle or Oracle RAC pluggable database (PDB), without a production database interruption.
- Azure Snapshot Locks: Enables users to lock Azure resource groups to prevent the creation and deletion of snapshots during backups.
- Periodic Azure App Validation: Silently validates Azure Apps credentials in the background, to ensure there are no changes or impact backup/restore operations.
- Regional Status View: Enables customers to access the Health of their Metallic services by Region from within the Hub.
- Salesforce API updates: Updated Metallic support for latest Salesforce API (Winter’22 v 543).
- Security IQ Anomaly Enhancements: Provides users with new insights into anomaly characteristics, indicating if protected files are potentially encrypted or corrupted.
- View Log Enhancements: MSP Admins can now access additional logs in Metallic to troubleshoot common L1/L2 Issues.
- Account Type Options: MSP Admins can now identify accounts based on their types such as: Internal, POC, and Production. Admins can also create filters in the Managed Account view.
- Enable AD and SAML Support: MSPs can now leverage External Identify Providers through SAML to authenticate users and manage their MSP Portal.
- New ‘Cost and Usage’ Section: Enhanced the navigational experience with new “Cost and Usage” Section, providing Admins with a centralized area to view Cost, Usage, and Rate Card details.
- OneDrive Error Reports: Users can now quickly review failed backup and restore items associated with OneDrive shares. This complements our existing SharePoint, Teams, and Dynamics error reporting functionality.
- Dynamics 365 Setup Enhancements: Simplifies the setup process, automating the creation of background users for backup and restore operations.
- Server Plan Improvements: Enables users to edit the retention periods of existing Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ cloud storage plans created before Dec 31, 2021.
- API Support for Managed Service Providers: Allows MSPs to integrate Portal operations into scripts and workflows through exposure of new Metallic APIs.
- User Deletion for Managed Service Providers: Provides MSP Portal Admins with the ability delete users within Metallic.
- Edit Users for Managed Service Providers: Provides MSP Portal Admins with the ability to edit user First and Last names within Metallic.
- Tenant Suspension for Manage Service Providers: Allows MSPs to suspend data protection activities using the Metallic MSP Portal.
- Customizable retention plans for Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ : Provides greater flexibility by allowing retention periods to be customized in hybrid cloud backup plans using Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ cloud storage.
- Metallic Case Management Portal: Provides direct access to the support portal from the Metallic Hub, enabling updates of existing cases, creation of new ones, and review of case history with ease.
- Metallic PCI Certification: Metallic is now PCI DSS certified, meeting rigorous standards on how payment card data is stored, processed, secured, and maintained across our entire platform.
- Salesforce Comparison Report: Enables creation of comparison reports across all backup data types, now including metadata.
- Salesforce UX enhancements: Simplifies the process of selecting data items for restore operations and Sandbox seeding.
- New Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ regional availability: Expands Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ cloud storage availability into United Arab Emirates and Singapore enabling Commvault Complete customers to support data residency requirements and deliver better local performance.
- Managed Account Provisioned Country column: Metallic MSP Portal users can now view the Managed Account provisioned country in the main page.
- Suspend Action: Metallic MSP Portal users can now choose what activities to deactivate when they suspend Managed Accounts.
- Edit Managed Accounts: Metallic MSP Portal users can now edit Managed Account information.
- AWS Support Tickets: Users can now create Support Tickets for recently announced AWS Resources from the Metallic MSP Portal.