Metallic MSP Partner Release Notes
The latest and greatest of Metallic’s MSP partner program releases by month.
- Metallic Backup for Azure Databases: Introduces coverage for critical Azure databases, making Metallic® the only vendor to support the full breadth of managed databases offered by Azure, including:
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure Database for MariaDB
- Azure Database for MySQL
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL
- Security IQ Compliance Lock: Protects backup data from accidental deletion and insider threats by enabling users to lock retention plans, preventing the deletion of services, apps, storage, and backup destinations.
- OCI Storage Support for MSPs: Allow MSP Partners to provision newly released OCI storage for customers directly from within the MSP Portal.
- Salesforce Anomalous Activity Alerts: Immediately alerts Salesforce admins (via text, email, or inside Metallic) when the deletion or creation of objects or records exceeds normal activity, providing better insight into suspicious activity.
- Salesforce Restore Previews: Enables users to compare content across jobs to locate desired datasets for recovery. Users can also directly initiate restores from this workflow, accelerating the recovery function.
- Webhooks for Alert Notifications: Enables users to push operational Alert notifications into leading security and event management platforms via webhook API.
- eDiscovery Search for OneDrive and SharePoint: Enables Metallic eDiscovery users to granularly search and export datasets for regulatory compliance across OneDrive and SharePoint environments.
- Salesforce Full Object Downloads: Accelerates the download process for Salesforce admins, enabling users to download full objects into a single CSV file (granular or bulk) versus selecting individual records.
- Salesforce Metadata Enhancements: Provides users with more transparent and frictionless experience when backing up and restoring Salesforce metadata.
- Metallic Customer Support Portal for MSP Partners: Metallic MSP Partners can now create, manage and interact with Metallic Support through Metallic Customer Support Portal.
- Kubernetes Backup Enhancements: Enhancements allow users to backup and recover entire Kubernetes clusters and namespaces, including ETCD key value store and associated control plane SSL certificates, for complete protection of applications, API resources, and cluster configurations.
- IntelliSnap for Azure: Users can now enable Commvault IntelliSnap during VM backup configuration. IntelliSnap technology fully automates and orchestrates Azure VM snapshot-based data protection and provides faster recovery, faster capture of data, less disruption to applications and reduced costs for non-production copies.
- MSP Quota Notifications: Admins can now set usage quota alerts for Service Offerings on Managed Accounts from within the MSP Portal.
- Offline Gateway Alerts: Immediately notifies Tenant Admins if backup gateways are offline to prevent backup jobs from failing.
- New Office 365 Monitoring and Reporting Tabs: Provides users with a graphical summary of Office 365 backup health and contextual access to backup applications.
- eDiscovery Usability Enhancements: Enhances Metallic eDiscovery compliance search for a more integrated and streamlined user experience.
- Exchange Online Service Account Removal: Allows users to discover Exchange mailboxes without using service accounts and eliminates the need to manually exclude service accounts from MFA security policies.
- Salesforce Job Report Improvements: Provides Salesforce admins with more insights into jobs, object/record failures, and changes needed within Salesforce environments.
- Salesforce Sandbox Seeding Enhancements: Streamlines and templatizes the sandbox seeding process, simplifying the user experience for populating Salesforce sandbox environments, and applying policies for data masking.
- VM Return User Enhancements: Simplifies the backup configuration of additional VM groups in the same Azure Cloud Hypervisor to prevent hypervisor sprawl.
- MSP Portal Enhancement: MSP Portal Admin can now edit the Managed Account Primary Contact from the MSP Portal.
- Metallic Update: Metallic Cloud Storage Service (MCSS) is now Metallic Recovery Reserve (Learn more here). This name change has been updated on the Metallic MSP Portal as well.
- Metallic Service Status Page: You will now have a one stop page with links to all Metallic Service Status.
- Maintenance Schedule: Now you can retrieve current Metallic Maintenance Schedule directly from the MSP Portal.
- New Cost and Usage Section: You will now have access to cost, usage, and rate card information all from one single location, allowing you to retrieve up to date Managed Account details more effectively.
- New Tenant Navigation Functionality: Easily access and switch between tenants using single MSP User Account.
- Dynamics365 Restore Compare: Provides Dynamics 365 users with the ability to compare records and pinpoint changed items for targeted point-in-time restores.
- Teams HTML Restore Option: Enables customers to restore Teams chats out-of-place to HTML file.
- Salesforce Backup Health Report: Allows customers to easily assess backup operations to ensure critical Cloud data is continuously protected.
- Oracle PDB Clone Support: Enables users to quickly clone data in Oracle or Oracle RAC pluggable database (PDB), without a production database interruption.
- Azure Snapshot Locks: Enables users to lock Azure resource groups to prevent the creation and deletion of snapshots during backups.
- Periodic Azure App Validation: Silently validates Azure Apps credentials in the background, to ensure there are no changes or impact backup/restore operations.
- Regional Status View: Enables customers to access the Health of their Metallic services by Region from within the Hub.
- Salesforce API updates: Updated Metallic support for latest Salesforce API (Winter’22 v 543).
- Security IQ Anomaly Enhancements: Provides users with new insights into anomaly characteristics, indicating if protected files are potentially encrypted or corrupted.
- View Log Enhancements: MSP Admins can now access additional logs in Metallic to troubleshoot common L1/L2 Issues.
- Account Type Options: MSP Admins can now identify accounts based on their types such as: Internal, POC, and Production. Admins can also create filters in the Managed Account view.
- Enable AD and SAML Support: MSPs can now leverage External Identify Providers through SAML to authenticate users and manage their MSP Portal.
- New ‘Cost and Usage’ Section: Enhanced the navigational experience with new “Cost and Usage” Section, providing Admins with a centralized area to view Cost, Usage, and Rate Card details.
- OneDrive Error Reports: Users can now quickly review failed backup and restore items associated with OneDrive shares. This complements our existing SharePoint, Teams, and Dynamics error reporting functionality.
- Dynamics 365 Setup Enhancements: Simplifies the setup process, automating the creation of background users for backup and restore operations.
- Server Plan Improvements: Enables users to edit the retention periods of existing Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ cloud storage plans created before Dec 31, 2021.
- API Support for Managed Service Providers: Allows MSPs to integrate Portal operations into scripts and workflows through exposure of new Metallic APIs.
- User Deletion for Managed Service Providers: Provides MSP Portal Admins with the ability delete users within Metallic.
- Edit Users for Managed Service Providers: Provides MSP Portal Admins with the ability to edit user First and Last names within Metallic.
- Tenant Suspension for Manage Service Providers: Allows MSPs to suspend data protection activities using the Metallic MSP Portal.
- Customizable retention plans for Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ : Provides greater flexibility by allowing retention periods to be customized in hybrid cloud backup plans using Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ cloud storage.
- Metallic Case Management Portal: Provides direct access to the support portal from the Metallic Hub, enabling updates of existing cases, creation of new ones, and review of case history with ease.
- Metallic PCI Certification: Metallic is now PCI DSS certified, meeting rigorous standards on how payment card data is stored, processed, secured, and maintained across our entire platform.
- Salesforce Comparison Report: Enables creation of comparison reports across all backup data types, now including metadata.
- Salesforce UX enhancements: Simplifies the process of selecting data items for restore operations and Sandbox seeding.
- New Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ regional availability: Expands Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ cloud storage availability into United Arab Emirates and Singapore enabling Commvault Complete customers to support data residency requirements and deliver better local performance.
- Managed Account Provisioned Country column: Metallic MSP Portal users can now view the Managed Account provisioned country in the main page.
- Suspend Action: Metallic MSP Portal users can now choose what activities to deactivate when they suspend Managed Accounts.
- Edit Managed Accounts: Metallic MSP Portal users can now edit Managed Account information.
- AWS Support Tickets: Users can now create Support Tickets for recently announced AWS Resources from the Metallic MSP Portal.